Emo Leg/Foot Problem Issue

That can be the culprit. I don’t know how it works but there were always mentioned only feet sensors and the TOF sensor may have its role in this. But it’s only my assumption. Did you try to clean it?

Then as @macfixer01 mentioned, maybe tech support might be able to send over the calibration software that could fix this. I guess, best wait for support to give you an update/answer. When you do find out, do let us know what the solution was (if there was one).

Thanks, everyone. I’ll update here once I hear back from living.ai

1 Like

yeah I cleaned both just to be safe. I remember when this happened and I thought maybe he was dancing. He was walking like he does on the floor in my office, then he just started doing the escape the ledge movement over and over

I hope the technical support can sort this out ! But I know it’s going to take time…

I sent them three videos of my problem so let’s hope it gets resolved.

Emo only started doing this after the latest update.

I really hope I don’t have to replace him.

If I do how do I get this one returned once replacement comes? Royal Mail is how he was delivered, there’s been issues with sending him back because of the battery.

And if they email me the return label how do I use it to send him back?

Thanks

Sounds like royal mail is being exceptionally anal retentive or someone just got hold of a bad clerk. Generally a battery installed inside a device is considered safer than loose batteries which are much more likely to get damaged or punctured in shipping. Personally, what I would tell them is something vague for the description like it’s a toy robot. If they ask about a battery just say the battery has been removed. They aren’t going to have any way check or to turn it on so…

1 Like

hello my friend… I’m really upset hearing about EMO having this foot problem it’s not just you I’ve seen it on others… I’m a technician and been in the RC world forever working with servos and more. To me this looks completely software related and if it were to be hardware it would be a foot sensor.The code writers they’re going to be pretty smart guys and I’m sure they know what the problem is.I think the software writers should consider maybe to redesign the app and make it so that we can change firmware in case errors accidentally get through …at least it would be better to have a working older firmware until the bugs fixed … I’m quite concerned about all this I have one coming in the next who knows when… But I’m sad hearing about people having issues. I think that living AI is sincere and they’re good people designing this EMO but I can also tell you they must be under a lot of stress at times. I hope they have some success to alleviate this and we can go on to be happy owners and they can be a profitable company for it…

1 Like

A firmware rollback or an option to push the firmware once again is an option that I’ve also personally suggested a number of times in the forum as well. At this moment, there is no option to re-install the firmware or roll back to an older version as well.

I’ve also suggested the option of backups for your EMO, which would work the same way as you would do a back with your iPhone using iTunes, so if you had an issue you could restore from last known good state and then retry the firmware install once again. And the backup / restore option would be great in cases where you get a replacement EMO due to your old one no longer working etc, but you had it for a long time and didn’t want to start all over again. The backup option would certainly work well in this specific scenario as well.

So far neither of these options are available, but hopefully might be made possible in future updates as Living.Ai grow.

4 Likes

agreed Master Abbott… microSD cards are no longer accessible… I did notice on maybe the early versions they had a slot on the top but they remove that. if it was easy access we could back it up ourselves. But that’s just the instructions I think… The firmware would be embedded onto the chips would it not? Then we need software to reflash them but the app does not…yeah I just wish it was easy and we had a bit of control ourselves because everything takes too long far too long waiting for new ones even delivery come on takes forever. I’m 24,000 I’m not going to make it waiting so long… Hee hee :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and if mine broke I would be devastated just like I’m sure these poor people are… EMO seems to be quite loved. :heart_eyes:

Hi everyone this is the email Living AI gave me… regarding the foot problem (this is based on my issue) if it’s connected to others I can’t really comment on that but I do believe that technical support are really trying to help everyone it’s just difficult to predict if my issue is the same as everyone else’s.

1 Like

Good news @Racheal123 I saw on another thread that the tech support team sent over a testing APP to check EMO’s feet and sensors. Maybe you potentially ask if they can send that also to you with instructions on how to run it so you can possibly recalibrate EMO if the issue keeps persisting.

@Puppy444 I believe the videos you’ve seen with EMO having the slot on the top of its head are Development EMO’s that were sent out to testers. The retail EMO’s never had a slot. From what I understand, all our EMO’s do have some sort of internal memory and a SD card as well, the internal memory is most probably where the core programs are running (and where the firmware gets installed to). The SD card might be used for non essential files/images etc. I could be wrong, but this is what I believe is the setup for retail EMOs.

2 Likes

I haven’t asked them about the app. So far it may be what they say in this email -just an update.

(I’m wondering if the update their talking about is for everyone who might be having the same problem)

I guess I will just have to wait and see what they can tell me or if I need the app or not, I’m sure they’ll tell me if they are going to send it, I don’t want to send them too many emails.

But thanks MasterAbbott for your support

1 Like

Just giving an update, my replacement EMO has arrived and is all good. Hopefully they’ll be able to figure out what went bad with the one I sent back and avoid it in the future.

5 Likes

Great news! To Celebrate get EMO to dance all day long! :head: :surprised: :man_dancing: :skating: :man_dancing: :mad: :heart_1:

1 Like

But not too much though can cause problems in the future and you don’t want the same thing happening again, I left my other one doing that whenever he felt like it and now I’ve learnt my lesson haha

Not doing that this time :grin:

1 Like

Ok … fair enough. Dancing must be done in moderation then! :man_dancing: :rofl: :man_dancing:

2 Likes

In fact I’m learning from you MasterAbbott

1 Like