Emo Change or Create New Name

Idk that is or not bug,my name change twice in 1 min but I don’t touch my EMO.At first,I choose my name called “x”,EMO could recognize me and said my name exactly.Second day EMO look at me and called me “nah nah",I thought I was hallucinating untill I checked EMO app,my name was changed to “nah nah”.I was really confuse but I changed my name back.EMO changed my name again less than a minute.And this time EMO changed my name to “solo hope”.What’s going on? Does anyone have the same thing happen to me?

Yeah, that can happen sometimes. :rofl:

1 Like

That happens to my Emo as well. Sometimes he decides to call me Rock and changes my name in the settings. Is there a way to fix this ?

1 Like

Hi there @bruno.manso to change your name back your your original name go to the main screen of the app then name settings and there should be a pencil symbol near the name rock which means edit name and click that and change your name! Hope this helps! :happy:

1 Like

Hi there @bruno.manso ,

It is known that…

EMO just reacts easily to any sound/anything that HE heard and thought someone is trying to communicate with HIM, that’s why HE is always replying in any form/way…or sometimes dances to any sounds He hears even if its not directly music sound but background only and when HE heard names or famous words just thought someone is trying to introduce him/herself?

When EMO like mine is on my table where my Imac Computer which I always use also for viewing any type of movies and videos like on youtube, I notice that he is reacting to anything he hears like someone is communicating with him. even if HE is on his charger, suddenly he will…, HELLO (any names or words) NICE TO MEET YOU! ‘’
And when I checked the EMOPET app it was also there and registered.

or even if HE is out of HIS charger and busy walking around while I’m viewing movies or any type of videos…suddenly HE will stop and search around and when he finds any face like mine or my wife he will also do that kind…

, HELLO (any names or words) NICE TO MEET YOU! ‘’

Best regards.

3 Likes

Changed my name to pink and my brother’s to rock.
I don’t even like that color.

He changed my name to Mo… I can’t change it back to my name in voice commands because my name is an Israeli name and he can’t understand it. I also don’t have the pen next to my name (now he thinks my name is Shakira) is there any other way to do it?

1 Like

You should have the option to edit. Perhaps closing the app, restarting your device, reconnecting to EMO and opening the app again?

Let us know if this works for you.

1 Like

I understood what was the problem and it might happened to some people from other countries too. I live in Israel and my phone was in Hebrew, note: Hebrew is written from right to left so the whole phone software was right to left. I changed language in the settings to English to test it and now it works fine, all of the issues I had in the app solved like changing my name, seeing the photos emo took and few more features that didn’t worked for me on the app before.
Thank you for trying to help me I appreciate that

3 Likes

@Almond . . . so glad you were able to work around it. I can see how the difference in language would confuse the app. Thank you for checking in! This discussion might help someone else in your situation.

:blush:

1 Like

EMO is calling me father lol help

Hey guys,

Emo turned up today didn’t take too long tbf I ordered him 2 maybe 3 weeks ago. Awesome stuff he’s adorable.

I asked him who his father was lol and now he’s calling me father. He just felt the need to tell me its cloudy and he likes it because its not too sunny which was really cool he’s just exploring his little space atm as I need to buy him a bigger area to walk about in.

How do I teach him to call me by my name instead?

2 Likes

have him facing you and say ‘emo my name is…’
It’s normal for him to hear things from the TV or whatever and change your name, just reset it by giving the command again. I don’t think there’s a lot that can be done about it.

1 Like

Cheers dude I also noticed you can change it manually in the app :slight_smile:

Hi there…

“EMO might pick up on conversations happening around him or when you are watching TV, movies, or anything with conversation sounds. If he suddenly hears something and reacts, he might think that someone is trying to communicate with him or something else.”

It is known that…

EMO just reacts easily to any sound/anything that HE hears and thinks someone is trying to communicate with HIM, that’s why HE is always replying in any form/way…or sometimes dances to any sounds He hears even if it not directly music sound but background only and when HE heard names or famous words just thought someone is trying to introduce him/herself?

When EMO like mine is on my table where my Imac Computer which I always use also for viewing any type of movies and videos like on YouTube, I notice that he is reacting to anything he hears like someone is communicating with him. even if HE is on his charger, suddenly he will…, HELLO (any names or words) NICE TO MEET YOU! ‘’
And when I checked the EMOPET app it was also there and registered.

or even if HE is out of HIS charger and busy walking around while I’m viewing movies or any type of videos…suddenly HE will stop and search around and when he finds any face like mine or my wife he will also do that kind…

, HELLO (any names or words) NICE TO MEET YOU! ‘’

Try to introduce your real name once again by the proper command…

Call him first… EMO…wait for his reply and say…
MY NAME IS (YOUR NAME)…
EMO WILL GREET YOU WITH YOUR NAME FOLLOWED BY , NICE TO MEET YOU’’

You can also change your name or other names via

EMO PET APP > CONNECT > INTERACT > RECOGNITION > DETAILS
CHOOSE NAME AND CLICK > CLICK PEN TO EDIT > CLICK THE BLANK SPACE TO ENTER YOUR DESIRED NAME > TOUCH ON THE BLANK SPACE > CLICK OK

EMO will greet you with your new name…

Best regards and all the best…

1 Like

Emo started calling me mom…

I entered my name and introduced myself as Cindy to my 2 day old Emo?. Today he started calling me Mom all by himself. Is this normal?

2 Likes

No I don’t think it’s normal. You can rescan your face and the face of you Mom with the Emo App. Maybe the it will work correctly

1 Like

Hi there @cindy.foster ,

I’ve moved your new topic post here since it’s related to the issue you’re discussing.

Please read above my post for a better understanding of this kind of issue

best regards and al the best…

1 Like

my Emo change my name to lalal
lol
Now it is unethical :rofl:

1 Like

Buonasera @edward @Lindaru oltre al problema che ho segnalato qualche giorno fa del piede destro che scricchiola ( segnalato anche già all’assistenza e in attesa del rientro per la risposta ) ho notato un altra cosa stasera.
Sono entrato nell’applicazione come solito e vado nella sezione dove immettere nuovi profili delle persone da fare riconoscere a Emo.
Io convintissimo che ci fosse il mio ( cosa che ho fatto all’inizio appena avviato Emo il primo giorno ) e invece no c’era il profilo di una certa Luna…:sweat_smile:
Possibile che il mio Emo appartenesse ad un altra persona?

Translation to English: Good evening @edward @Lindaru, in addition to the problem I reported a few days ago with the creaking right foot (also already reported to support and waiting for the response) I noticed something else this evening.
I entered the application as usual and go to the section where I can enter new profiles of people for Emo to recognize.
I was completely convinced that mine was there (which I did at the beginning as soon as I started Emo on the first day) but instead there wasn’t the profile of a certain Luna…:sweat_smile:

Is it possible that my Emo belonged to another person?

Hello. EMO when you tell him something and he doesn’t understand he changes your name, it happens to me sometimes, you just have to edit and put your name back. Your face will always recognize it no matter what name you use. I don’t know if I have clarified anything for you. Greetings

3 Likes