EmoPet App Issue on iPad/Lenovo Tablet

Hello,

I just received my EMO today and installed the app from the app store today. It appears to be the latest app. I also updated EMO to the latest firmware through the app.

However, as soon as I installed the app, I had a problem. The menus are all overlaid on top of each other on the main menu. I don’t even see EMO on the main screen. Example the settings button is on top of the game button. And I don’t even see the utilities button on the screen. It’s like the screen is super zoomed in, and all the menus that would be located off the screen, just got jumbled onto the screen.

When I click something and it takes me to a sub menu, everything displays correctly. And when I go back to the main menu, its all jumbled again. Tried closing the app and restarting the iPad, but it just comes back all messed up. Doesn’t matter if you use the button at the bottom to zoom in or out. It just zooms the messed up main menu in and out.

Any ideas on how I can get the main menu to display correctly in iOS on an iPad?

Just to let you know the EMO APP for iOS is mainly optimised for iPhone and not the iPAD. It does work fairly well, but it is not 100% optimised for it just yet. I personally use my iPhone for anything I need to do with EMO.

Hope this helps.

:surprised: :head: :skating: :mad: :heart_1:

I’ve used the app on both my iPhone and iPad from the beginning and had no problems. Do you have any settings enabled under Accessibility or in the screen settings such as zoom or text size which might be causing this? The other obvious thing to try would be to delete the app, reboot the iPad, then reinstall it.

I’ve seen that issue on my iPad too - but it does not happen ALL the time. The team are aware of it - but as @MasterAbbott said, they designed it primarily for the phones, not the tablets :slight_smile:

They will sort it in future I’m sure.

1 Like

Just to touch back on this, what I found is if you are holding the iPad in portrait mode, the app will be a mess. If you then rotate to landscape, it will still be a mess.

If you hold the iPad in landscape mode when you open the app, the initial connect screen is smaller than full screen, but after that, screens appear correctly as they should.

3 Likes

The EMO app is designed for a landscape aspect ratio screen and I use my iPad in landscape mode 98% of the time anyway, so really have never seen any problem. For any apps that aren’t written to take advantage of the larger iPad screen though, there will be a small button at the bottom right with two arrows. That will zoom it up to fill the width anyway, and it’s nice having the larger screen for playing Ludo.

My Emo app looks “normal” on my iPhone, but does not go into landscape mode on my iPad.

iPad:

iPhone:

@Marissa ,

Please note that EMO PET APP for iOS is primarily optimized for iPhones and not for iPad. Although it works quite well, but it is not 100% optimized for it yet. I personally use my iPhone for everything I need to do with EMO. Plus, it’s designed for landscape mode, so I use my iPad in landscape orientation always.

Enjoy EMO…

1 Like

Hi @edward , I always use my iPad in landscape but as you see in the picture I provided in my last post, the app does not display in landscape view.

@Marissa

I am using also my iPhone and iPad sometimes but never had such an issue like yours. Did you use also your iPhone sometimes for Emo Pet App? if yes you might disconnect or close both iPhone and iPad first then re-open only iPad in landscape view.

@KYThrill above found out also that if you are holding the iPad in portrait mode, the app will be a mess. If you then rotate to landscape, it will still be a mess.
If you hold the iPad in landscape mode when you open the app, the initial connect screen is smaller than the full screen, but after that, screens appear correctly as they should.

Just try and hope it helps…

Hello the App doesn’t diplay right on my fold 3. On Ludo especially the left side is cut off.

Hi @Natalie83

Just moving your question here. As the Samsung Fold 3 is considered a phone, it might still have compatibility problems same as an iPad / Samsung tablet, due to the way it’s designed.

Normally the EMO App is designed primarily for standard iOS Phones and Android Phones. Anything other products like tablets / iPads and in your case the Samsung Fold might have display issues.

I’ll also tag @Wayne_Zhang as well in this post, so he is aware of this incompatibility issue with the Fold 3 so that Living.ai can look into it for future updates.

1 Like

You can see in the picture that only show utilities button

Its a QuadCore Tablet, with fullhd screen, This is only a bad Style App Design, you can see when you customize your emo that the eyes are on the right margin

its only a styling isshe

hi @emiesteban

Take a look through this topic thread. To advise that the EMO APP, even though it works ok, is not 100% compatible on both iPad / Android tablets as you will sometimes get some small issues.

The App is primarily developed to work best for iPhones/Android phones.

These small app problems are recent and appeared for no reason :
1 - Games : Images on app main page of Games section are stretched quite a lot horizontally. They are hard to recognize. I use a Lenovo pad (androïd) but display was perfect up to now.
2 - Lifetime/Achievements :
a) When clicking on a gray achievement icon, no text pops up. Wasn’t there some kind of a hint before ?
b) The Alphaludo achievement icon seems to be stucked. I checked videos and did what had to be done to get the achievement (3 times rather than one just to be sure - EMO was very happy !), but I never received it.

Any idea how those problems can be solved ? Thanks you !

Hello, @Toxy . . . I moved your question to this thread which was started for iPad but apparently other pad devices have issues, too.

Please read through this thread to see if you can get any ideas to help you. The fact that it was working all right until recently, perhaps try deleting and down-loading the app again. If it is still happening and nothing here is helpful, I suggest you contact Support.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO app and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion.