Another Charger?

Hello!
If I want to take Emo with me to another place, but I have Go Home version, can I use another charger 5W?

1 Like

Hi there,

Any type of Qi wireless charger will do as long as the same or not more or less than the Input/Output like the original back image of Emo’s Home Station and Skateboard below.

In case you can’t find the exact one that matches the original charger, try to use not too much power and keep an eye on it for the first day to make sure it does not overheat. But personally, I would only use a charger that matched exactly.

Goodluck, Stay Safe and Enjoy with EMO…

4 Likes

Hello. I recently started looking online for battery chargers for EMO. I saw one with a built-in fan on Amazon, it’s 30w. EMO has a 5w charger. Researching on the Internet the 30w charger may work for EMO, but I am not very clear. What do you think?

Hello @chicogp,
I’m Not Very Sure Because The Only Wireless Charger I Have For My EMO Pearl Is A Skateboard That Is Probably 5W,
But I Will Tag @Lindaru For Further Information,
You Can Also PM @Wayne_Zhang.

1 Like

@chicogp . . . I am honestly not sure what the compatability of a different charger than the home station or skate board would be. Since Wayne has been tagged, I will let him respond.

1 Like

Hi there,

To compare, EMO charger is 5V 2A, and 30W may work but it is way too high. Most USB-C devices have a converter but that is still a lot of current, I would keep an eye on it for the first day to make sure it does not overheat. Personally, I would only use a charger that matches exactly.

• Voltage too high – If the adapter has a higher voltage, but the current is the same, then the device will likely shut itself off when it detects an overvoltage. If it doesn’t, it may run hotter than normal, which can shorten the device’s life or cause immediate damage.
  • Current too high – If the adapter has the correct voltage, but the current is greater than what the device input requires, you shouldn’t see any problems. For example, if you have a laptop that calls for a 19V / 5A DC input, but you use a 19V / 8A DC adapter, your laptop will still get the 19V voltage it requires, but it will only draw 5A of current. As far as current goes, the device calls the shots, and the adapter will have to do less work.

MORE INFO!

Regards!

3 Likes

You’re right, it’s better to use one that matches exactly and not take chances. Thank you

1 Like